WEEKEND CLOSURES ON LBJ TEXPRESS AT PARK CENTRAL
DALLAS – On Friday, June 8, from 9 p.m. until 5 a.m. on Monday, June 11 the following continuous eastbound closures will be in place:
- Full closure of eastbound LBJ TEXpress Lanes on I-635 at Park Central.
- Drivers must take the Coit Road/US 75 exit
- Full closure of the Preston Road entrance ramp to the eastbound LBJ TEXpress Lanes on I-635.
In addition, on Friday, June 8, and Saturday, June 9, from 9 p.m. to 10 a.m. the following westbound nightly closures will be in place:
- Full closure of the entrance ramp just after Greenville Avenue to the westbound LBJ TEXpress Lanes on I-635.
- Closure of the TI Boulevard exit ramp from westbound I-635 between Greenville Avenue and Coit Road.
This work is weather-permitting. Updated closure information is posted daily on Twitter (@LBJExpress) and Facebook (facebook.com/thelbjexpress).
This work is part of the $2.6 billion LBJ Express project, which began in 2011 and was completed in September 2015, included the reconstruction of expanded frontage lanes and main lanes, as well as the addition of bypass lanes and TEXpress managed lanes along IH 635 between Luna Road and Greenville Avenue and IH 35E between Loop 12 and Valley View Lane in Dallas. This expansive reconstruction project is successfully alleviating traffic congestion along one of the busiest highway corridors in the state, with as many as 250,000 cars traveling the stretch daily.
Drivers are encouraged to “Know Before They Go,” and visit www.lbjtexpress.com or (@LBJExpress) and (facebook.com/thelbjexpress).) for upcoming closures. Closures are subject to weather conditions, and construction activities may be postponed if necessary.